Welcome to the IMTA!
Whether you are a newly qualified therapist or a seasoned professional, the IMTA exists to represent you. We are a community of like-minded, caring practitioners intent on collaboration and providing support to therapists and assurance to the public they serve.
We aim to support therapists by providing members with:
- A forum for communication
- Regional meetings
- Group discounts for practitioner insurance
- Collaboration with selected health insurance providers to provide clients with treatment rebates
- An event calendar to keep you informed about work opportunities, charity and training events.
- Through representation at national and international level regarding legislative directives
- Setting out guidelines for training, health and safety, a code of ethics and standards of practice
- Keeping up to date on GDPR and record keeping
- Recommendations for Continued Professional Development
These elements of best practice serve to protect the industry, the individual and the public. By promoting a high standard in all areas of practice, we strive to ensure the public is in receipt of safe and effective bodywork. We recognise and support our members in meeting the diverse needs of a public that is increasingly aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and the role massage plays in promoting positive change.
As part of our ongoing work to serve our members, we are delighted to welcome you to the Association's newly launched website. We look forward to your exploration, participation, interaction and, of course, feedback. This new platform has some wonderful functionality. We invite you to make full use of the facilities by contributing to group discussions, regularly checking the events calendar, commenting on blog posts and contributing content in our members area.
Let us all show what can be achieved through support, education and positive representation within our industry!